Friday, April 22, 2011

Who Is That Big Kid?

Seriously?  Is that "dude" really my almost 21-month old baby boy?  I am just dumbfounded when I think about the rate at which my child is growing.  Sometimes I wish life was like my DVR with live TV; I would love to stop and rewind when something really awesome happens and experience it over and over again.  I try to capture as much as I can with pictures and document it through blogging, but I am sort of learning that unless I want to stay up all night (literally ALL night) and spend the rest of the week trying to catch up on sleep (and failing miserably at it), I need to blog more often with a little less content at a time.  So, since Easter weekend is starting tomorrow for my family, and I am sure to have lots to share after celebrating, I better get this update going right now.

This week Jack and I made a pit stop at "The Castle Park" (actually Wills Park) on our way to visit some friends.  We had a very special playtime together, and it was truly just good ole' fashioned fun.  The playground there is amazing.  Funded by the community, it is an all wooden structure built with secret passage ways and bridges with obstacles and little surprises around every bend.  It is by far one of the most unique playgrounds I have ever seen.  Here are a couple of pics to show you some of the detail...
  
In these pics, Jack looks like he is a 4-year old!  He is so tall! 

Jack was totally in to all the nooks and crannies, and we played hide and seek together (of course I only pretended not to see him).  He laughed hysterically every time I popped out from behind some mysterious hiding place, and he ran from me squealing while I chased him around.  I was having a great time too!

"Driving" is one of Jack's favorite things!                                       "Gotcha!"                              

      "Hey, Jack!  I'm up here!"                                                          "Boo!"                           

Later that afternoon, The McQ Zoo rode our bikes to Ridgeview Park where we met The Stokes Family.  Braeden borrowed Jack's helmet and took a spin with Mommy in Jack's seat!  He really loved the ride!

Braeden in the bike seat wearing Jack's "ducky" helmet
The next night Daddy worked late, so Jack and Mommy had left over pasta for dinner.  Jack also had blueberries, yogurt and graham crackers with milk.  He seemed to enjoy experimenting with different flavor combinations, and I think he might have been trying out the pasta sauce as a potential war paint. 


Work was really irritating for me this week.  I would have much rather been spending each day with Jack.  We had dinner with GRandi and PaPa on Wednesday, and Thursday we took Jack for Mexican at El Azteca where he chowed down on floutas and chips and salsa.  Friday couldn't come soon enough!  Tonight I finished up my Easter goodies shopping, and then we hung out with Grandma a bit and ate mini-pizzas for dinner.  After she left Mommy and Daddy played with Jack and read books together (That's Not My Bunny...about 6 times), but man, was Jack tired when we finally put him to bed!  He fell right to sleep within about 5 minutes of his little head hitting his pillow.

I'm excited about Jack's Easter basket!  We got him a Leapfrog Tag Jr., which I should be downloading right now, but instead I'm doing this.  Okay, time to move on to the next task.  The Zookeeper's work is never done

Happy Easter Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment