Monday, July 16, 2012

Maternity/Mother's Day Mini-Session with Lisa Rappa Photography

Since Jack's birth, Mother's Day has taken on a whole new meaning for me.  Not only do I celebrate my own mother and thank her for the presence and influence she has in my life, but now I also celebrate myself as a mother.  I relish in the joy of motherhood, enjoying all for which it is, sacred, special and fulfilling.  Of course I also celebrate my mother-in-law and all the other wonderful mothers I know who touch and enrich my life each day, but there is something different and unique to be among one of the "celebrated" as a mother myself.
Part of my celebratory tradition includes having a Mother's Day photo shoot with Jack, and this year we expanded it to also be a Maternity Mini-Session.  So on Monday, May 7th, in a spring wind storm with rain on the horizon, we ventured out to The Marietta Square to have some pictures taken at almost 29 weeks pregnant.  I can't believe how beautiful they turned out, even with the uncooperative weather!  Discovering Lisa Rappa Photography was one of the best treasures I have ever found, and I am so happy with her work. She has become part of my family's milestones, capturing each new stage of our life together, and I truly find her talent remarkable.  I am so excited for her to take Lander's newborn photos once she makes her debut!  

Really love the textures in this pic!

It was really windy, and Jack was holding onto that balloon for dear life!  He did not want it to fly away!

Jack is so excited for his little sister, holding an "ITS A GIRL" balloon!

Jack loves trains, and we were lucky enough to be there as one raced by!

It is amazing to me that Lisa can make me look this good!  I truly LOVE this picture, and I am always so critical of myself!

Best kisser I know!

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Now that is a bump!

And the wind blows...
Thank you to Lisa Rappa for these amazing photos I will cherish forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment